About the course
If you wish to work with sports performers as a strength and conditioner, or applied sports scientist, this innovative course is for you.
Designed to meet the needs of students interested in the optimisation the fitness capacities required for high level performance in sport, it will provide the theory and foundation knowledge and skills you need to pursue professional accreditation with a number of bodies including the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES); the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA).
Why choose this course?
- Study on a unique course with a multidisciplinary approach to strength and conditioning and gain access to world-leading staff expertise and research. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) three quarters of our work across sports science, PE and tourism and leisure has internationally recognised impact. More than 95% of our research outputs are rated as internationally recognised or better (compared with a sector average of 93%).
- Explore a range of disciplines and their contribution to helping athletes increase performance, including: strength and conditioning; testing physical capacities; sport science support; laboratory skills.
- Develop your research skills and capabilities including research design and ethics, statistics and laboratory skills, opening up additional career opportunities
- Gain from a course designed to prepare you to for employment in the rewarding and expanding field of strength and conditioning
- Benefit from gaining the necessary skills to pursue roles including Strength and Conditioning Specialist; Applied Sports Scientist; Laboratory Specialised Technician (eg in universities, sports clubs or hospitals) and/or continue to further research-based study on Masters by research, MPhil or PhD programmes.
- Learn in the newly-opened arena facility which provides a space for modern fitness professional to train in a controlled environment designed for student only access. A wide range of cardiovascular and resistance equipment is available including a dedicated Strength and Conditioning suite with weight lifting equipment vital to the development of a Strength and Conditioning coach’s delivery skills.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>