The BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice has been designed for healthcare workers with an interest in working as registered operating department practitioners to offer co-ordinated patient-centred care during the peri-operative period.
Students on this course have intensive periods of time in university followed by periods in clinical practice, working alongside a qualified mentor in a range of peri-operative care settings: anaesthetics, operating theatres, emergency departments, intensive care and recovery.
The NHS constitution brings together details of what staff, patients and the public can expect from the National Health Service. It sets out the principles and values that guide how the NHS should act and make decisions. The NHS Constitution states that the NHS „aspires to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism. ”
Applicants are expected to demonstrate their understanding and application of these values throughout the selection process. View the Constitution here
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn through a range of methods and opportunities, with an emphasis on reflective, practice-based development
- Study a course that will make you sought after in the job market
- Develop the necessary skills to become a qualified ODP able to offer co-ordinated, patient-centred care alongside surgeons, anaesthetists and theatre nurses
- Gain experience in a range of healthcare environments
- Explore aspects of peri-operative care to promote compassionate, safe and effective care for people at their most vulnerable
- Benefit from a course that offers you the support of a qualified mentor
In addition to technical and humanistic skills, our ODPs also develop skills in research, clinical audit and reflection: the foundations for evidence based practice.
It has long been recognised that the clinical setting produces significant clinical waste; this course addresses this issue in relation to managing the ecological impact of the peri-operative environment.
The ODP can be found increasingly in the non-traditional settings of the pre-assessment clinics, community dental and mental health clinics. In consultation with service users it was identified that the ODP can not only provide a unique insight into the clinical process that supports patients, but they may relieve the stress experienced by carers and significant others.
98% of students are employed or in further study, with an average graduate salary of £21k. (Source: independent data from the Which? University guide).
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>