The fields of humanitarian action, disaster risk reduction, community resilience, climate change adaptation and sustainability increasingly overlap. Professionals working with those most vulnerable to the impacts of conflict and disaster must have an integrated understanding of policy and practice across these themes to ensure a holistic approach.
Studied on campus or 100% online, this course could be for you if you a looking to start your career in disaster management and humanitarian action or currently work in a local or national government disaster management agency, an NGO or civil society organisation and need to further your career. The course comprises four modules which aim to provide you with the essential high-level knowledge needed for successful future careers in these areas.
The course is open to EU nationals living in the UK with settled or pre-settled status who would not require a visa to study.
Why Coventry University?
An award-winning university, we are committed to providing our students with the best possible experience. We continue to invest in both our facilities and our innovative approach to education. Our students benefit from industry-relevant teaching, and resources and support designed to help them succeed. These range from our modern library and computing facilities to dedicated careers advice and our impressive Students’ Union activities.
Studied on campus or 100% online, Disaster management has been taught at Coventry for over 20 years. Recently reviewed and revised through consultation with the sector, this postgraduate course is designed to provide you with the essential high-level knowledge and skills needed to demonstrate your credibility in the sector.
Our goal is to advance your skills in evaluating risks, vulnerabilities and capacity in complex socio-economic and political situations. The sector appropriate module content and assignments provide you with opportunities to evaluate current policy and practice and make recommendations for improvement in humanitarian response, community participatory approaches, accountability and organisational change. There will be opportunities to take part in simulated disaster response scenarios in our state-of-the art, immersive Simulation Centre.
Upon successful completion of the course, you should have an understanding of concepts, theories, policy and practice within the areas of risk, humanitarian practice, development, disaster risk reduction, and climate change adaptation so that you are better able to evaluate the activities of NGOs, government organisations, multilateral agencies and institutions and drive necessary transformation.
Why choose this course?
- Coventry University is one of the few higher education institutions that aims to provide a course which can be studied 100% online or in 4.5-day face-to-face module blocks on campus at postgraduate-level in order to provide the depth and rigour required for development, reflection and networking in this sector.
- A curriculum designed and mapped to industry standards.
- Coventry University is a leader in digital learning. This expertise is applied to our campus delivery, which is supported by our innovative online social learning platform, allowing you to undertake substantial parts of your study at home where you can revisit classroom delivery.
- Opportunities for recognition of prior learning and experience (RPL/RPEL) on a case-by-case basis (evidence required). Please see the course specification for further information.
- All assessments are designed to be of value to both you and your employer – no examinations.
- Our student-centred approach: Coventry University has been rated 5 Stars for Teaching Excellence and Employability (QS Stars 2020) and has been rated a top 15 UK university 5 years running (Guardian University Guide 2016-2020).
- Access to our library’s electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of books, ejournals and newspapers.
- Dedicated support for those who are new to Higher Education, or returning after a long break, with additional modules designed to transition you into postgraduate study and support you as you learn to research.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>