About the course
This PGCE course is designed to give you the subject-specific knowledge, secure understanding of educational theory and practical teaching skills to lead learning; initiate change; and thrive as a teacher, in a challenging and rewarding profession.
You attend subject-specific sessions, lectures and seminars designed to develop awareness and understanding of general professional issues; the content of the National Curriculum; and practical aspects of teaching such as lesson planning and assessment.
Our partnerships with local schools give you opportunities to put your taught knowledge into practice on placements, where you are trained to teach across the 5-11 age range. You develop the skills and experience necessary to teach core and foundation subjects using a variety of approaches, with a particular focus on mathematics.
When you successfully complete the course, you achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to work in a primary school as a teacher.
Why choose this course?
- Study at our Bedford campus, home to one of the largest education providers in the UK with a long history of teacher education and a largely consistent 100% graduate employment rate
- Benefit from our well-established links to more than 500 schools across the eastern region, a network that puts us at the forefront of educational developments
- Study and train with the support of experienced primary teachers and academic staff
- Hone your skills of critical self-evaluation and gain confidence in analysing your own practical experience during your school placements
- Engage with relevant research literature and develop the skills of a reflective practitioner
- Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings while enhancing your own sense of independence
- On graduating, you can apply for QTS, enabling you to work in a primary education setting, with opportunities for further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels
- In addition to offering core PGCE places, we work in close partnership with schools and academy trusts to deliver School Direct routes into teaching
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>