About the course
This largely school-based course is designed to give you the subject-specific knowledge, secure understanding of educational theory and practical teaching skills to lead learning; initiate change; and thrive as a teacher in a challenging and rewarding profession.
In your taught sessions, you attend lectures and seminars designed to develop your awareness and understanding of professional issues; the nature and content of the design and technology curriculum; the role of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in the teaching of design and technology, and aspects of teaching such as planning and assessment.
During the course, you spend around 70% of your time in placement schools where you are trained to teach across the 11-16 age range. You develop the skills and knowledge to teach design and technology in a creative and imaginative way, using a variety of different approaches.
When you successfully complete the course, you achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to work in a school as a teacher.
Why choose this course?
- Study at our Bedford campus, home to one of the largest education providers in the UK with a long and established history of teacher education
- Benefit from our well-established links to more than 500 schools across the eastern region, a network that puts us at the forefront of educational developments
- Learn to apply your subject and theoretical knowledge to practical areas of teaching expertise including different teaching approaches; planning and preparation; and managing the design and technology classroom
- Be able to evaluate the impact of applying theory to your teaching practice and use your evaluations to inform your future actions
- Hone your skills of critical self-evaluation and gain confidence in analysing your own practical experience during your school placements
- Engage with relevant research literature and develop the skills of a reflective and research-informed practitioner
- Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings while enhancing your own sense of independence
- As well as Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), completing the course also offers you up to 60 Masters’ level credits with opportunities for further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>