About the course
This largely placement-based course gives you the necessary knowledge and experience you need to teach the Secondary English curriculum in creative and imaginative ways. It is designed to give you the subject-specific knowledge, secure understanding of educational theory and practical teaching skills to lead learning; initiate change; and thrive as a teacher in a challenging and rewarding profession.
To deliver the curriculum, you should be familiar with classic works as well as a wide range of modern fiction, non-fiction, multimodal texts and poetry. Language and literature are rapidly changing to accommodate the postmodern broadband age and you are expected to have knowledge of new, emerging genres and other virtual areas.
When you successfully complete the course, you achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to work in a school as a teacher. As it also develops your ability to be an evidence-informed teacher, you are well placed to pursue further awards such as Chartered Teacher Status.
Why choose this course?
- Study at our Bedford campus, home to one of the largest education providers in the UK with a long and established history of teacher education
- Benefit from our well-established links to more than 500 schools across the eastern region, a network that puts us at the forefront of educational developments
- Learn to apply your subject and theoretical knowledge to practical areas of teaching expertise including different teaching approaches; planning and preparation; and managing the Secondary English classroom
- Be able to evaluate the impact of applying theory to your teaching practice and use your evaluations to inform your future actions
- Hone your skills of critical self-evaluation and gain confidence in analysing your own practical experience during your school placements
- Engage with relevant research literature and develop the skills of a reflective and research-informed practitioner
- Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings while enhancing your own sense of independence
- As well as Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), completing the course also offers you up to 60 Masters’ level credits with opportunities for further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>