About the course
When you study with us on this course, you will focus on the provision of healthcare and social care to individuals, groups and communities within specialist community services.
The focus is on developing your competence, confidence and expertise in assessing the needs of your clients, and working in partnership with them to make informed, holistic health choices.
The ultimate aim is for you to mature into someone with the skills, knowledge and understanding to function as a valuable member of the community, and become a reflective, evidence-based and innovative practitioner as you deliver a client-centred programme of care.
Choose Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting) PgDip at Bedfordshire and:
- Study issues of direct relevance to your personal and professional development and achievement of status as a Health Visitor, and increase your prospects of fulfilling employment
- Explore the latest research and practice, and develop a range of public health nursing skills that are pertinent to health visiting
- Develop your sensitivity and understanding in relation to cultural and religious values, beliefs, abilities and the needs of individuals, groups and populations
- Gain an understanding of the evidence on which care interventions are based in order to promote, evaluate and design interventions, and critically develop effective questioning techniques to enhance your communication skills
- Benefit from student-focused, self-directed and guided learning that uses a variety of teaching methods including e-learning, work and problem based learning, simulation, role play and student led seminars.
Why choose this course?
This course offers the opportunity to study for a combined Post Graduate Diploma/ Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (health visiting) qualification. Success in the Post Graduate Diploma in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (health visiting) course will provide the professional qualification and eligibility to apply for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse- health visitor.
Emphasis throughout the course is placed on your continuing personal and professional development with the aim of improving your employability prospects. You will focus on issues of direct relevance to the achievement of Specialist Community Public Health Nursing(SCPHN) health visiting status whilst pursuing a postgraduate course of study in a supportive learning environment.
There are opportunities for conference attendance and presentations. Studentfocused, self-directed and guided learning, small group tutorials, encouragement of peer support, using a variety of teaching methods e.g. e-learning, work based learning, problem based learning, simulation, role play, studentled seminars. There is an emphasis on continuing personal and professional development (lifelong learning).
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>