Applications can be made using the postgraduate application form, or using the online portal. Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
With a high practical content, the course reviews the process from start to finish (from pre-clinical studies, to clinic, through to marketing), preparing you for work in an industrial or academic setting and giving you an opportunity to gain employment in the global biopharmaceutical field.
Reasons to study Pharmaceutical Biotechnology at DMU:
- Globally, pharmaceutical biotechnology courses are rare and no other course offers such a broad scope; you will develop a truly diverse range of skills
- Suitable for direct undergraduate progression, as well as for experienced professionals in the sector and international students
- Study an inter-disciplinary subject, based on the teaching/research expertise of our experienced practitioner and research-based staff, who themselves have interests in many specialist fields
- Benefits from major investment in state-of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment at par to that used in industry. This includes an, atomic force microscope, an electron microscope, fluorescence microscopes/plate-readers, mass spectrometers, fermentation units and tissue culture suites
- Our range of specialist modules means you receive up-to-date subject matter on multiple protein expression systems for production of diverse biopharmaceuticals, encompassing a range of platform technologies, also focussing on the role of proteins as therapeutic agents and as tools for the identification of such agents
- Numerous international and UK/EU students have benefitted from this established course and progressed to PhD studies and/or global relevant employment in the biotech sector
- Benefit from a combination of unique academic expertise across three faculties: Health and Life Sciences, Technology, and Business and Law. This enables you to share one core module with students on a Master of Business Administration (MBA), broadening understanding around the importance of business in this area
- Our reputation of more than 104 years’ pharmacy teaching ensures we produce graduates of the highest calibre
Structure and assessment
Facilities and features
Health and Life Sciences facilities
Investment of £12 million in Health and Life Sciences has developed our first-class teaching and learning facilities to help you develop your practical experience and theoretical knowledge beyond the classroom.
The 19th century Hawthorn Building has facilities designed to replicate current practice in health and life sciences, including contemporary analytical chemistry and formulation laboratories, audiology booths and nursing and midwifery clinical skills suites.
Purpose-built clinical skills areas allow you to apply theory to practice in a safe environment. You will receive guidance and support from staff, to ensure that your practical ability in the clinical skills suites is accurate.
- Range of multi-disciplinary experience across biology, pharmacy and biotechnology
- Meshing of science, information technology with business and enterprise
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
Our Learning Zones and the The Greenhouse also provide space for group or individual work and study.
There are 1,600 study places across all library locations, more than 700 computer stations, laptops to borrow, free wi-fi and desktop power outlets.
You can also book rooms with plasma screens, laptops and DVD facilities for group work and presentations, secure an individual study room with adjustable lighting or make use of our assistive technology.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>