It is a degree with a difference. Over four years, you opt to study at one of two levels: BA (Hons) Physical Education (with QTS) or MPhysEd (Integrated Master’s) (with QTS)
How does it work? You follow the same course units and complete the same assessments but, in Year 4, you opt for study and assessment grading following either BA (Hons) level criteria (6) or MPhysEd level criteria (7). Completion of the MPhysEd requires a deeper knowledge in your chosen specialism(s) and is subject to achieving at least a 2:1 in Year 3 units.
The course itself develops your understanding of teaching and learning so you can give your students the motivation, confidence, competence and understanding to lead physically active lives. You apply your knowledge and skills in practice via a placement in each year of study, where you are supported by a mentor and university-based staff.
Why choose this course?
- Learn through classroom experience and develop the skills you need to teach a range of physical activities to young people aged 11-16 (16-19 with enhancement)
- Study the scientific principles of physical education and sport, with applied practice including athletics, dance, games, gymnastics, health, swimming, outdoor and adventurous activities
- Explore issues in teaching, learning and assessment under the guidance of an experienced University teaching team
- Develop your expertise in the classroom with the support of a strong partnership between the University and your placement school
- Gain a qualification that includes recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Access undergraduate funding to gain two-thirds of a Master’s degree, avoiding a postgraduate Master’s loan
- Completing the MPhysEd qualification provides 120 credits at Master’s level, two-thirds of the credits required for a full Master’s degree
- Following graduation, you could opt to complete an additional 60-credit dissertation to achieve a full Master’s Degree
- Our research suggests the Integrated Master’s qualification enhances our graduates’ already excellent employability and career progression opportunities
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>