Train for a career where you will inspire and influence young people – giving them the motivation, confidence, competence and understanding to lead a physically active life.
Develop your understanding of teaching and learning, and apply it in practice via placement in each year of study, supported by a mentor and university-based staff.
Become an outstanding teacher of Physical Education with recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), competent to teach a range of physical activities to children aged 11-16 (16-19 with enhancement).
This course is accredited by the Department for Education (DfE).
This course has achieved 100% overall student satisfaction for 4 consecutive years (National Student Survey, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018).
- Learn through classroom experience, applying theory to your teaching practice to develop the skills to teach young people in the secondary education phase
- Study the scientific principles of physical education and sport, with applied practical activities (eg athletics, dance, games, gymnastics, health, swimming, outdoor and adventurous activities)
- Develop your expertise in the classroom with the support of a strong partnership between the University and your placement school
- Gain a qualification that includes recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Explore issues in teaching, learning and assessment
- Benefit from an experienced University teaching team
- 100% of recent graduates were in employment or further study within 6 months of graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2016)