With this DfE-accredited degree, you learn through taught sessions and supported teaching practice, where you are encouraged to apply the theory you have learnt in areas such as child development, teaching and learning.
Mentors and University liaison tutors support you while on placement as you begin to develop the core skills for teaching children aged 5-11. You start with one-to-one and small-group teaching practice before moving on to whole-class teaching. A placement coordinator provides briefings, support meetings and guidance as well as overseeing target setting and CEDP completion.
Units include literacy and reading; mathematics and science; meeting the needs of individual children; multidimensional classrooms; planning for learning across subjects; and exploring core subjects.
Why choose this course?
- Gain hands-on experience of teaching via three teaching placements: one per year, each in a different term to give a good insight into the whole academic year
- Take up three ‘Broadening Experience’ placements (one per year) in Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) so you know where children have come from; at Key Stage 3 (KS3) so you know where they are going on to; and a final personalised placement
- Work with experienced tutors with a wealth of experience in building trainee competence and confidence across all subjects
- Learn to teach a reflective, reactive curriculum, with sessions responsive to the needs of individual cohorts, helping to ensure progression in skills, knowledge and experience
- Develop leadership and management skills, along with an ability to communicate effectively with children, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals
- Benefit from conference days with guest speakers talking on subjects ranging from employability to SEND provision, wellbeing to lesson planning
- Take learning outside the classroom with trips to places of educational interest such as local museums and our Forest School
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>