IT is broadly based yet enough depth (programming skills, testing skills etc.) so as to give you credible vocational skills in Software Engineering.
Software engineering is central to the success of many of today’s businesses, and this vocational course shares a first year with a number of other relevant BSc degrees.
It then offers the opportunity for specialist study in the second and third stages, during which you will learn the principles of the subject.
A final year project will allow you to work with greater focus, leading to the possibility of future research.
You will also gain management skills and knowledge of organisational contexts, and develop into a reflective practitioner.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn a wide range of highly credible vocational software engineering skills
- Study the design, development and deployment of large-scale software within industrial and commercial settings
- Develop your understanding of the entire life cycle of systems and how their production fits into management and organisational contexts
- Gain management skills and knowledge of organisational contexts, and develop into a reflective practitioner
- Explore and support your theoretical work with practical exercises
- Challenge conventional thinking as you develop your own solutions to the many issues that face software engineering
- Benefit from the teaching experience of staff with strong academic research backgrounds who are also engaged in active knowledge transfer with local SMEs and other organisations
You will gain valuable skills for a career as a Software Analyst, Developer and/or Tester as well as those relevant for the wider world of IT and business.
The final year unit ‘Social and Professional Project Management’ requires you to work in a team to apply current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control.
You will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
The final year project fosters independent and autonomous study. You learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>