This course will provide you with a stimulating programme that ensures a sound knowledge of Special Needs and Inclusive Education and the role of professionals who serve the needs of children, young people (0-25) and their families.
You will explore special and inclusive curricula, challenging behaviour, communication and language, international aspects of special education, individual life stories and reflect upon the role of adults in the education of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
This will fully prepare you for a diverse range of professional roles in special and mainstream educational settings and for further, possibly postgraduate, study or teacher training.
You will explore your individual interests through personal study and work placements in some units. You are encouraged to gain voluntary experience and reflect upon your experiences and professional development in your academic work.
Why choose this course?
- Learn through lectures, seminars, placements and practical workshops
- Study issues around supporting children and young people with special needs and disabilities in a range of educational settings
- Understand international perspectives on special needs and inclusive education
- Develop the ability to understand the importance of educational research and to carry out your own research
- Gain experience through work placements and a strong focus on employability
- Explore issues like diversity, equality, rights, inclusion, exclusion, behaviour, communication, cognition and learning.
- Benefit from a degree that fully prepares you for varied work in a variety of educational settings, for further study or teacher training
- Benefit from studying with staff who have extensive experience in the field of special needs and inclusive education
Study a multidisciplinary course that prepares you for a key role in teaching and supporting children and young adults with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), a key area for education policy and practice.
With many different future roles for those with the right blend of skills and knowledge, this course integrates discussion of theories, policies and practices related to special needs and inclusive education, both UK-based and international. The staff team encourages you to gain relevant work experience both in the degree and as a volunteer.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>