Study and be part of a world-leading research team, focusing on scientific study of sport and exercise performance, in labs offering you research opportunities and skills development rare to the UK.
First gaining a broad knowledge of the core scientific areas of sport and exercise science, you’ll use discipline-leading equipment including online gas analysis machines, an environmental chamber, light gates and echocardiography, amongst others, to build your knowledge of scientific theory relating to sport and exercise performance.
The theory and skills learnt culminate in the completion of your own research project in your final year.
This course is endorsed by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
- Learn in a high-performance environment combining world-leading research and staff who will share their knowledge of the science of sport and exercise performance.
- Study with a world-leading research team in field settings and using state-of-the-art equipment from online gas analysers to a high capacity environmental chamber.
- Gain employability skills with specific, industry-proven guidance and participation in the latest world-leading sports science research
- Explore your area of interest with a final year research project designed by you
- Further your interests and opportunities by progressing to postgraduate study
- Benefit from a unique opportunity to study with a specialist world-leading research team in exercise physiology, molecular exercise physiology and exercise and health working on prestigious projects supported by elite sports teams, governing bodies and government initiatives.