Study with one of the country’s most established Sport and Physical Education providers, with staff working at the cutting edge of innovative teaching and learning practices and pedagogical research.
Combine theory of teaching with practical activities, examine motivation and psychology of sport and learn lab-based skills to understand human performance. In addition, you will develop research and analytical skills for your final year professional study enabling you to investigate a key area that informs your future practices.
The unique ability to choose a BA or BSc route will also offer you the chance to specialise in an area of interest. Your future employability is at the heart of the course where 99% of students are in work/study six months after finishing.
You’ll have opportunities for relevant work experience throughout, and an optional sandwich placement in year 3 that will prepare you for working within and sport and physical education contexts beyond your undergraduate study.
- Learn through a variety of methods including an exciting Outdoor and Adventure Education Camp early in year 1
- Gain an understanding of teaching and coaching that is transferable to multiple contexts using the pedagogical models of Sport Education, Cooperative Learning, Teaching Games for Understanding, Movement Education, Experiential Learning and Health Based Physical Education
- Explore contemporary issues influencing the education, sport and health fields through lectures and examine the potential impact of policy and theory development on sport and physical education.
- Develop a personal development portfolio and enhance your employment prospects by building relationships with partners in a variety of sport, education and health fields.
- Benefit from a course structured and timetabled to offer you opportunities for relevant work experience and support to develop school and/or community sport based projects.