This course combines the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of a Sport Science degree with the added bonus of fitness qualifications so you can enter the Register of Exercise Professionals at level 3.
Your first year covers broad knowledge of core scientific areas of sport and exercise science and includes the gym instructor qualification.
Year two introduces you to online gas analysis machines, environmental chamber, light gates and echocardiography and includes the personal trainer qualification.
In your final year, use your acquired theory and practical skills for your research project, and gain the exercise referral instructor qualification.
- Gain a Sport Science BSc degree with fitness vocational qualifications
- Learn from internationally-recognised staff in the fields of science, exercise and sport
- Gain excellent links with employers and the fitness industry
- Develop your skills and employability through work experience
- Benefit from dedicated access to a state-of-the-art health and exercise lab with an extensive range of high-tech fitness training and testing equipment. Dedicated physiology, biomechanics and psychology labs are also used for specific elements of the degree