A builder’s ability to construct sustainable buildings is an increasingly important factor in a company or individual’s decision to employ them.
This course is designed to provide career development, or a professional route into the construction industry.
It gives you knowledge of construction, how best to utilise land or space, and ways to make buildings more energy efficient: inspect, operate and get hands-on experience with alternative fuel systems, including solar domestic hot water heating, ground source heat pumps and photovoltaic systems.
Whether you choose to study full-time, or part-time to fit around your employment (one day or evening per week for the duration of the course), your knowledge of a building’s structure and the sustainable systems inside it will impress prospective employers and give you confidence as a building engineer of tomorrow.
- Learn problem solving, evaluation and analytical skills relevant to the construction industry, as you combine theoretical study with practical experience
- Study in excellent facilities with modern technologies, including the most modern alternative fuel systems available, covering topics including: sustainable building techniques; land-efficient designs; solar domestic hot water heating systems; ground source heat pumps; photovoltaic systems; climate change issues
- Develop new skills required for management roles through study of management practice
- Gain improved career opportunities and earning potential
- Explore the most up-to-date skills and technical knowledge required to construct the buildings of tomorrow
- Benefit from a course that allows you to progress to a BSc (Hons) Sustainable Construction and career opportunities in building design and construction; consulting engineering sectors of the construction engineering industry and maintenance and facilities management