About the course
A builder’s ability to construct sustainable buildings is an increasingly important factor in a company or individual’s decision to employ them.
This course is designed to provide career development, or a professional route into the construction industry.
It gives you knowledge of construction, how best to utilise land or space, and ways to make buildings more energy efficient: inspect, operate and get hands-on experience with alternative fuel systems, including solar domestic hot water heating, ground source heat pumps and photovoltaic systems.
Whether you choose to study full-time, or part-time to fit around your employment (one day or evening per week for the duration of the course), your knowledge of a building’s structure and the sustainable systems inside it will impress prospective employers and give you confidence as a building engineer of tomorrow.
The course prepares you to contribute to design and management of construction with full consideration of the sustainability and environmental issues, in response to the European and UK Governments legislation and need for energy conservation, sustainability and environmental protection.
Why choose this course?
- Learn problem solving, evaluation and analytical skills relevant to the construction industry, as you combine theoretical study with practical experience
- Study in excellent facilities with modern technologies, including the most modern alternative fuel systems available, covering topics including: sustainable building techniques; land-efficient designs; solar domestic hot water heating systems; ground source heat pumps; photovoltaic systems; climate change issues
- Develop new skills required for management roles through study of management practice
- Gain improved career opportunities and earning potential
- Explore the most up-to-date skills and technical knowledge required to construct the buildings of tomorrow
- Benefit from a course that allows you to progress to a BSc (Hons) Sustainable Construction and career opportunities in building design and construction; consulting engineering sectors of the construction engineering industry and maintenance and facilities management
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>