This course is hands-on, highly practical, taught in a multi-camera TV studio, and has very impressive graduate success stories. University of Bedfordshire’s recently launched Beds TV enables students to broadcast their own work online.
This course is ideal if you want to work as part of the team behind the camera: as you turn your ideas into projects you will develop a substantial portfolio of work, along with the ability to work in groups or independently.
As you explore cinematography, audio and visual effects, editing, sound design, lighting, scriptwriting, directing, producing, music videos, live magazine programmes and television drama you will develop an impressive set of skills with which to wow prospective employers.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn about key themes and issues in television together with practical study, putting it all together in a major piece of independent work in your final year
- Study TV Production with industry practitioners in a modern, hi-tech environment, used by the BBC
- Develop your skills in a dedicated multi-camera TV studio equipped with all the latest technologies
- Gain from access to fully-equipped rehearsal space, video editing suites, radio studios, professional galleries and more
- Explore strong industry links, building contacts and experience as you work with professional TV performers and presenters
- Benefit from a course which sees many graduates go on to production and technical jobs in television, film, new media, and commercial and corporate sectors of the industry. Students have secured jobs on high profile shows including Britain’s Got Talent, The X Factor, Masterchef Australia, The Door, Family Food Fight, Britain’s Best Dish, Ideal World Shopping Channel, Comic Relief, Dancing on Ice, Peep Show, Derren Brown, The Real Hustle and Supernanny, Big Brother, Four in a Bed, Piers Morgan’s Life Stories, Alan Carr: Chatty Man, The National Lottery, Don’t Tell the Bride, The Only Way is Essex.
The creative, analytical and practical skills you will acquire will equip you for many different careers both within the media industries and beyond. You will graduate with immediately relevant vocational skills together with the ability to develop and plan your career, capitalizing on the intellectual skills that will serve you throughout your life.
Employability is embedded within each year of the course in the form of one-to-one tutorials to discuss your career plan, industry visits to TV studios and TV recordings, opportunities for work experience and paid work within the University and with industry, careers talks, regular networking events at the University and an annual media networking event in Soho.
The alumni network of successful graduates working in TV and film industries provides ready made connections to assist you with your job search. Staff lecturers provide links to industry; regular visiting lecturers and master classes further expand our contact list.