This is a highly practical course providing a solid grounding in all aspects of TV production whether you are hands-on in our multi-camera TV studio or on location using a variety of camera, sound and lighting equipment. You develop an impressive set of skills covering cinematography, audio and visual effects, editing, sound design, lighting, scriptwriting, directing, producing, music videos, live magazine programmes and television drama.
We focus on your employability: it is our job to help you break into TV. So we create opportunities for you to develop industry links, often via networking events on campus or at external industry events such as BAFTA. We also help you find paid work or internships in TV and film during your time with us.
In the last few years, we have helped our graduates find placements and paid work on such programmes as The Graham Norton Show; The X Factor; Gogglebox; The Apprentice; The Only Way is Essex; and Dr Who, to name but a few.
Why choose this course?
- Taught by lecturers who have been working at the highest level in the television industry
- Benefit from masterclasses with professional TV performers and presenters
- Access high-end production technology including cameras, lighting, sound recorders, rigs, edit suites, OB kit and multi-camera TV studio
- Produce and broadcast your own programmes via our in-house, student-run TV station, BedsTV, officially affiliated with the National Student Television Association (NASTA). You could also take up a three-month leadership internship at BedsTV after your studies
- Take the course over four years and benefit from a fee-free year’s placement in industry (see below), where you gain experience and build contacts for the future
The creative, analytical and practical skills you will acquire will equip you for many different careers both within the media industries and beyond. You will graduate with immediately relevant vocational skills together with the ability to develop and plan your career, capitalizing on the intellectual skills that will serve you throughout your life.
Employability is embedded within each year of the course in the form of one-to-one tutorials to discuss your career plan, industry visits to TV studios and TV recordings, opportunities for work experience and paid work within the University and with industry, careers talks, regular networking events at the University and an annual media networking event in Soho.
The alumni network of successful graduates working in TV and film industries provides ready made connections to assist you with your job search. Staff lecturers provide links to industry; regular visiting lecturers and master classes further expand our contact list.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>